Is your skin dry, dehydrated, irritated, itchy, or flaky? Here are some of our best tips and tricks to help you look and feel your best during the winter season!
#1) Drink plenty of water. Hydrate from the inside out. Do you know why your skin looks puffy? To protect you from dehydration, your skin is retaining water. This happens when you don't have adequate water intake. Drinking water and staying hydrated helps reduce puffiness in your face and prevents fine lines and wrinkles. One of our favorite products is the VIE Wrinkle Dimension Hyaluronic Acid Concentrate. This can be used year-round for a perfect supply of hyaluronic acid that instantly rejuvenates and maintains hydration while diminishing fine lines' appearance. (Did you know that hyaluronic acid holds 1000 times its own weight in water?)
#2) Avoid excessively hot showers. Hot water irritates the skin by stripping off our natural essential oils, causing dryness, irritation, cracks, and leaving your skin feeling itchy.
#3) Adjust your skincare regimen. First, add serums. Serums contain active ingredients and are absorbed faster and more efficiently than other products. Apply serums before your moisturizer to increase the efficacy. Our favorites:
- Phytomer 12hr Moisturizing Flash Gel - This refreshing gel is suitable for all skin types and infuses the skin with moisturizing agents from am to pm with an "anti-thirst" cosmetic formula, a real moisturizing bath for the skin.
- Phytomer Oligoforce Soothing Serum - The marine ingredients in this high-performance serum soothe irritated or sensitive skin by stimulating the natural functions of the epidermis.
Second, switch up your moisturizer. As the seasons change, our skin does too! Our favorites:
- Phytomer Nutritionelle - Salvation for even the driest of skin! This moisturizer brings comfort, hydration, and protection by incorporating a cocktail of marine and plant oils for increased hydration.
- Phytomer XMF Perfection Youth Rich Cream - This cream instantly smoothes wrinkles and redensifies the skin matrix while protecting with antioxidants and strengthening the skin for intensely nourished and moisturized skin.
- VIE Mesoforce Hydrating Revitalizing Cream - Your skin will be energized by a powerful cocktail of hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and antioxidants that leave your complexion radiant and your skin perfectly hydrated and revitalized.
You can also opt for a milk or cream cleanser!
#4) Love your lips! Avoid dry, cracked lips and instantly replenish and hydrate by applying our favorite Image Ormedic Lip Complex.
#5) Remember your hands and feet! We are all continually washing our hands (or should be) and need extra protection. Apply our favorite Beespa Hand and Foot Cream to repair and hydrate dry, cracked hands and feet. Beespa hydrates and softens with beeswax, essential oils, and shea butter.
#6) Don't forget your SPF! That's right! You DO need to apply SPF daily – year-round! Our favorites:
- Face Reality Ultimate Protection SPF 28 - A broad spectrum sunscreen for acne-prone skin.
- Face Reality Daily SPF 30 Lotion - A broad spectrum non-comedogenic sunscreen.
- Image Daily Ultimate Protection Moisturizer SPF 50 - Physician-formulated, ultimate broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection formulated with zinc oxide for an invisible finish and weightless feel. Oxybenzone and paraben-free.
#7) Plug in that humidifier! Humidifiers add moisture to dry air and can help alleviate dry skin.
#8) Make an appointment with your esthetician! Do you know the difference between dry skin and dehydrated skin? Your esthetician does! Seek an expert to help you navigate your winter skin!
I hope this helps you feel better in your own skin this winter! We're all battling the cold and dry air... these simple tips will help you rejuvenate your entire body during this season. And remember, Spring is just a few months away!